Missouri Valley Job Openings
Please complete our employment application when applying for a section position. If you are unable to save the form to your computer, please print and mail to our office.
Position: Communications and Video Production Intern
Time Frame: Fall internship – approx. 20-30 hours/week
Pay Level: Paid or for credit hour. Associated expenses covered.
Location: Office located in Overland Park, Kansas
The United States Tennis Association Missouri Valley is a not-for-profit organization covering a five-state region of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma. As one of the 17 Sections of the USTA, the USTA Missouri Valley has more than 21,000 individual members and almost 370 organizational members. As the national governing body of tennis in the U.S., our mission is to "promote and develop the growth of tennis."
Responsibilities: The Communications Intern(s) is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing Communications and the Communications Coordinators. Experience and interest is required in content creation through writing, photography, video production including shooting footage and editing final videos.
Hours: The amount of hours per week will be agreed upon with the Director of Marketing Communications. Hours may include some night and weekend duties. Limited travel within our five-state area is required, with associated expenses covered.
Responsibilities may include:
- Writing and distributing press releases and other public relations materials
- Interviewing in person and/or on the phone, and writing for social and publications
- Photography of tournaments and events
- Videography, including video editing
- Research, coordinate and execute social media tactics
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general marketing and/or public relations principles
- Must possess a professional, mature demeanor
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in interpersonal settings
- Must possess minimum computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft or Mac software programs; knowledge of Photoshop, In Design and video editing software
- Minimum education and experience: enrolled in a four-year college or university or in a relevant degree program such as marketing, communications, public relations, or business
Contact: Manon Eilts, Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone: 913-322-4826 (direct) or 1-888-368-8612 (toll free)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org _____________________________________________________________________________________
Interested in working at the USTA National Campus in Orlando?
Click here for a list of open positions.