The 2017 scholarship application deadline is April 1 at 11:59 p.m.
2017 JUNIOR TENNIS CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS
Download printable version
The USTA Missouri Valley, in conjunction with camp sponsors are pleased to offer a summer tennis camp opportunity to USTA junior members and other youth who play tennis and have a strong desire to further his or her skills, but whose families may not otherwise be able to cover the cost of the camp's admission and fees.
Scholarships: USTA Missouri Valley is offering a total of 21 scholarships to 10 different summer junior camps. This year we have two camps to offer high performance junior players with a section ranking. Please read the criteria before applying for one of these two camps.
Eligibility: Summer Tennis Camps:
Age-eligible youth ages 9 – 13 in financial need living in the five states that comprise the USTA Missouri Valley (Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri & parts of Illinois) are welcome to submit the scholarship application (see the link below)
Eligibility: High Performance Camps:
- The John Newcombe Tennis Ranch scholarships are open to USTA Missouri Valley juniors ages 13-18 with a current Missouri Valley section ranking of 1 – 50.
- The Junior Tennis Champion Center scholarships are open to juniors ages 13 -18 with a current Missouri Valley section ranking of 1 – 100.
Note: USTA Membership is not required, but it will be taken into consideration positively in the review process.
Essay: All applicants are required to complete the survey along with an essay of approximately 250 word (1,000 characters maximum allowed) based on the following criteria:
1. The essay must be written by the applicant
2. Explain why tennis has been important in your life and what you hope to gain from the experience of attending a summer tennis camp.
Entry Deadline: The application and essay must be received by April 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Review Process: A selection committee will review all applications. All applicants will be notified by e-mail of the committee's final decision by April 15, 2017.
Online Application: Complete the online application a 200 - 250 word (1,000 characters max.) essay.
Click here or copy and paste this URL to complete the essay:
SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS
NIKE Junior Tennis Camps
Nike Junior Tennis Camps are expressly designed so that young players can immerse themselves in the sport. Our goal is to enhance their skills and enjoyment of the game in an energetic and positive learning environment. Each camper receives 25-30 hours of instruction, drills and match play. Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers. All junior campers receive a free Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt.
Camp Locations and Coaching Staff: (2 scholarships each camp location, choose a session)
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma – Nick Crowell and Audra Cohen, coaches - June 4-8, June 11-15, June 18-22 and June 25-29 (Overnight camps)
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri - Colt Gaston, coach - June 12-17, June 19-24 (Overnight camps)
- Dwight Davis Tennis Center, St. Louis - Jess Campbell Batchelor, director - June 12-16, June 26-30, July 10-14 and July 24-28 (Day camp)
For more information regarding NIKE Junior Tennis Camps:
Phone: 1-800-NIKE CAMPS (1-800-645-3226)
Click here for more info
adidas Tennis Camps
adidas Tennis Camps were developed to provide athletes an opportunity to become better tennis players in a fun, positive atmosphere. The campers will learn from the best coaches in the sport and leave camp with confidence and a passion to enjoy the sport. Overnight campers receive room and board, as well as a week’s worth of tennis, 30 hours of instruction and play and evening activities. Each camper receives a free camp T-shirt.
Camp Location and Coaching Staff: (1 scholarship, choose a session)
- Central College, Pella, Iowa – Ryun Ferrell, Head Coach - June 18-23 and July 23-28 (Overnight camp)
- Christian Brothers College High School, St. Louis – Peter Demos, CBCHS Head Coach - June 12-16, June 26-30 and July 10-14 (Day camp)
- Drake University, Des Moines, IA (Roger Knapp Tennis Center) – Mai-Ly Tran, head women’s coach - June 12-15 and June 26-29 (Day camp)
- Wartburg College, Waverly, IA – Chris Gustas, head coach - June 25-30 (Overnight camp)
For more information regarding adidas Tennis Camps:
Click here for more info
University of Kansas Tennis Camps (2 scholarships, choose a session)
KU Tennis Camps are available for any and all boys & girls, all ages and all ability levels, designed for every type of player from beginner to advanced. KU Tennis Camp instructors are Todd Chapman-University of Kansas Head Tennis Coach, Kyle Markham-Jayhawk Tennis Center GM & Director of Tennis, Vince Van Pelt-Jayhawk Tennis Center Head Pro and Jared Ward-University of Kansas. KU Tennis Camps will be held at The Jayhawk Tennis Center at Rock Chalk Park, Lawrence, Kansas.
Develop & Improve Tennis Skills, Discover Proven Training Techniques, Gain Motivation, Develop Singles & Doubles Strategies, Receive Written Evaluations & Video Analysis
- June 25-28 and July 9-12 (Commuter Camp only)
For more information:
Todd Chapman, University of Kansas Head Coach
Todd Chapman, KU Head Tennis Coach
Kyle Markham, Jayhawk Tennis Center General Manager & Director of Tennis
Jared Ward, University of Kansas High Performance Coach
Vince Van Pelt, Jayhawk Tennis Center Head Pro
HIGH PERFORMANCE SUMMER CAMPS
John Newcombe Tennis Ranch scholarships are open to juniors ages 13–18 with a current Missouri Valley section ranking of 1 – 50.
A travel stipend of up to $250 will be provided for each of the six scholarship recipients.
John Newcombe Tennis Ranch, New Braunfels, Texas.
The John Newcombe Tennis Ranch was founded by the Australian tennis legend who holds 26 grand slam titles. The Ranch has over 40 years of experience running junior camps, quality instruction and personal attention to each and every campers needs are highlights of the program. Nestled in the rolling Texas Hill Country between San Antonio and Austin, the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch is one of the premier tennis facilities in the world.
The camp features a 1:5/6 coach to camper ratio. You will receive 5 to 6 hours of instruction per day. The Ranch features 24 hard courts, 4 clay courts, state-of-the-art weight training facility, camper style accommodations, soccer field, basketball court, swimming pool and more! Social activities include Schlitterbahn Water Park.
They provide campers with a safe and healthy environment for soaking up intense tennis and an international cultural experience.
Camp Location and Coaching Staff: (6 - 1 week scholarships available, includes boarding)
- New Braunfels, Texas, located between San Antonio and Austin
- The team of professionals led by Newcombe Academy Director, Phil Hendrie, are trained to improve and inspire all players. The staff is experienced in working with young players, from beginners to national champions.
- Sessions (one week) run: May 28 - August 19
For more information regarding John Newcombe Tennis Ranch:
Phone: (800) 444-6204
Click here for more info
Junior Tennis Champions Center scholarships are open to juniors ages 13–18
with a current Missouri Valley section ranking of 1 - 100.
A travel stipend of up to $250 will be provided for each of the three scholarship recipients.
Junior Tennis Champions Center, College Park, Maryland
JTCC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to transforming lives through tennis. JTCC is a world-class training program offering opportunities for junior players from all backgrounds to reach their full potential on the court and in the classroom.
JTCC was founded in 1999 and was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center for its high performance program in 2008. Today, more than 150 students are enrolled in the full-time and after-school year-round programs increasing to 1,000 players during the busy three-month summer camp season. JTCC provides a pathway for talented and highly motivated young people to gain acceptance to top colleges and universities nationwide.
The College Park Tennis Club is the premier tennis club in the Washington, DC metropolitan area offering an exceptional 32-court tennis facility featuring indoor, outdoor, hard, red and green clay courts. The club is equipped with a complete fitness complex, including a speed and agility center, yoga studio and personal trainers on site. CPTC was one of the recipients of the 2013 USTA Outstanding Facility of the Year.
Camp Location and Coaching Staff: (3 - 1 week scholarships available)
- College Park, Maryland (Washington, D.C. metro area)
- All JTCC training is provided by Directors, Senior Coaches and Staff Professionals.
- Sessions (one week) run: June 12 - August 25
*Housing - Housing is available in the DC area with the family of a student in the program or a JTCC coach. Host families/coaches will provide breakfast, dinner and transportation daily. The weekly fee for housing is $303. Please note at least 2 weeks notice is required to guarantee housing availability.
For more information regarding Junior Tennis Champions Center:
Contact: Vijay Paul
Phone: 301-779-8000 x 115
Click here for more info