Junior Team Tennis is the largest junior recreational tennis league in the country. It is a combination of practice and match play that allows players an opportunity to improve on their skills, gain valuable match experience, while enjoying the social benefits of being part of a team. The local season consists of competing against surrounding area teams of their age and ability level. Teams can choose to participate in the Championship series and try to advance all the way to a National Championship in their division.
2017 Junior Team Tennis Section Calendar
*Age Divisions offered vary by district and local programs
- 18 and Under; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced levels
- 14 and Under; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced levels
- 12 and Under; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced levels
- 10 and Under; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced levels
- 8 and Under; Beginner, Intermediate levels
(Only 18 & Under and 14 & Under divisions advance through the Championship Series)
The scoring format varies depending on the local league. All team matches are total games won format. For example, even if a player loses 4-6, they have still contributed 4 games toward their team’s total. Team with the most total games wins the match.
Local league minimum requirements (for championship Junior Team Tennis leagues):
- At least 3 boys and 3 girls on a team
- Two teams within a division
- A team coach and/or team manager (completed safe play and background screening process and entered in tennislink)
- A practice component
- Players and teams must be registered on TennisLink*
- Players and teams must meet advancement requirements as stated in the 2017 Junior Team Tennis Rules & Regulations
- The section will no longer be using the benchmark system to determine advanced players for Junior Team Tennis.
- Players must play in the appropriate division based on their NTRP skill level
- In 2017 junior ratings (Junior NTRP) will be required for the National Championship JTT track, and players with a rating at 3.5 and above must play at the Advanced Level.
* TennisLink is the software management system that controls the schedule, rosters, and play history. Players and coaches have online access to view their schedule and results. Find out more at TennisLink.
Find a local Junior Team Tennis Program near you!
Contact your District Junior Team Tennis Coordinator for more information for local programs:
Heart of America:
Junior Team Tennis FAQ’s
2017 JTT Rules and Regulations
For more specific information on Junior Team Tennis and how to get involved, please contact the Section Coordinator below:
USTA Missouri Valley Junior Team Tennis Manager
Tara Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org - 913-302-5901